I was more than honored and frankly excited to have had Mama K, from Life with Mama K, to nominate me and the When Life blog for the Liebster Award.
What is the Liebster Award you might be asking yourself? The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award dates back to 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
You can find out more about the Liebster Award here: https://theglobalaussie.com/liebster-award-2018/
Umm….WOW!! Again, Mama K, I find you to be all those things and more, and again can’t Thank You enough for this nomination!
Check out Mama K here: https://www.lifewithmamak.com/
She is my go to source for all things beauty, fashion, recipes, and I love her Target Tuesdays! She has a heart of gold and love following her journey. I am forever grateful for connecting with her on Instagram, as she has been such a wonderful source of inspiration and is the best cheerleader! I love how supportive she is to all women and their entrepreneurial journey.
When I started When Life it honestly was not my intention to have a “blog” per se. I knew I wanted to share stories of my life, but my primary focus was giving a platform to others. I also fell in love with designing and creating products that were storytelling based. As time went by, my writing is what took off more than anything else. It definitely caught me off guard and honestly to this day sometimes can’t believe that I can actually call myself a blogger. I never once in a million years thought that I would be able to make a career doing all the things that I love most which includes; being creative, writing, and loving on people. But, here I am! Here I am talking to, collaborating with, and getting to know people from all over the globe including, the United States, Canada, Australia, and Europe. My second largest following outside the U.S currently is from London! It’s just crazy to me! There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t thank God for the opportunity that he has blessed me with.
A big part of accepting this nomination includes really putting yourself out there for others to know who you are as a person, and not some random faceless writer behind the screen. Here are 10 random facts about me!
1. I am actually pretty introverted. I really have to make myself be the extrovert that comes with this career.
2. I love donuts! Not fried ones but give me allllll the cake donuts. Especially blueberry ones!
3. I love reading about art history. Oh, and psychological thrillers.
4. I honestly can’t help that I look angry all the time. I have what my mom calls “a furrowed brow.”
5. I like to bake. But I HATE icing/frosting cakes. I’m not sure if it’s because I am left handed or what, but I am terrible at it.
6. I wish that I knew how to sing. I mean I sound amazing in the car, but everywhere else, not so much. If I made enough money, voice lessons are something I would seriously consider.
7. I have a love for a good pen. My favorite pens are InkJoy pens. I will steal a good pen if I see or find one unclaimed. Basically, I am a pen thief.
8. I have never traveled abroad and want to go to Italy so bad I can’t stand it.
9. My husband and I love to play card games. Before we had Carter and Scarlett, we played card games all the time. We have quite a collection of them!
10. After 2 boys, I honestly feel so lost raising a girl. Most days I feel like I don’t have a clue what I am doing or supposed to be teaching her.
Mama K also had some questions of her own she wanted me to answer:
If you could only take 1 material item with you to a deserted island, what would it be?
Books! Preferably my Kindle, but tons of books would be great.
Do you have a dream job? If so, what about it is so dreamy? If not, what would your dream job be?
This is a hard one! I think (or rather I am hoping) that I am manifesting my dream job now. I love everything about what I do on a daily basis and look forward to continuing to grow.
If you could change one personality trait about yourself, what would it be and why?
I wish that I could change the vicious cycle of being impatient which leads to anxiety.
What one food would you eat everyday, all day, if health and calories didn’t count.
What is one thing that truly fascinates you that others would think is extremely odd?
I have this obsession with historical symbolism. I have read so many books on hidden symbolism throughout our country’s history and find it so incredibly fascinating. I don’t consider myself a conspiracy theorist by any means, but I do believe our country has a rich account of using symbols to signify and communicate different messages.
I now have the honor and the pleasure to nominate 5 more bloggers for the Liebster Award.
These ladies are fun, inspiring, kind, and are everything I aspire to be!
My nominations are:
For your inspiration and love for the Lord: Jazmin N. Frank: http://jazminnfrank.com/blog/
To one of the greatest advocates I know: Wilmari Eckerson: https://acommittedheart.com/
For our love of champagne recipes: Melissa (MPK The Beachy Diva): https://beachydivaliving.wordpress.com/
For your unique style and natural beauty: Ali Hatfield: http://worship-worthy.com/
For how wonderful of a mother you are and your endless support of When Life: Alannah Delgado: http://hippiechickdesign.com/category/feature/
Here are the 5 questions I would like for you to answer:
1. If you could give someone $1,000,000 who would it be and why?
2. What are 5 must haves in your fridge?
3. If you could travel anywhere, all expenses paid, where would you go? Who would you take?
4. What is the best book you've ever written?
5. What is your favorite type of music/favorite artist?
I hope you ladies continue on with the nominations by choosing your favorite bloggers to bless with this honor!