Sugar Cookie Strawberry Bars
About two weeks ago, we visited our local strawberry farm, Jerry Marsh Farms. If you are local to Blount County, Alabama, you NEED to go and visit them. I have yet to find a better berry anywhere else!
The kids were so excited to pick their own strawberries but even more excited to know what we might make with them. After testing a few things out, this recipe came out the winner.
You just can't beat the combination of flavor from a sugar cookie, white chocolate, and of course strawberries. It is a super simple recipe that will be perfect for the summer!
1 pound sliced strawberries
1/2 cup (or more) granulated sugar
1 package sugar cookie mix (1lb bag - I used Betty Crocker)
1/2 cup softened butter
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips (1 bag)
12 ounces cream cheese softened
2 TBSP heavy whipping cream
1/2 TSP of vanilla extract
1. Take the sliced strawberries and mix with 1/2 cup of white sugar in a ziplock bag. You may want to use more or less depending on how many strawberries you use. The more sugar you use the more "syrupy" your strawberries will be. Refrigerate overnight or several hours until all the sugar has been dissolved. This will leave you with a strawberry syrup.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom of a 9x13 dish.
3. Mix sugar cookie mix according to the directions on the bag. This is where you will use the butter and egg listed in the ingredients.
4. Press into the greased pan and bake for 12-15 minutes.
5. Pour white chocolate chips and heavy cream into a microwavable bowl and melt in 15 second increments until smooth and creamy. Stir after every 15 second interval. Set to the side.
6. Soften cream cheese to room temperature OR in the microwave for about 30-40 seconds. You just need to make sure it is soft enough to mix well without lumps.
7. Combine the cream cheese, vanilla extract, and the chocolate mixture and beat until smooth.
8. Once cookie bar is completely cool (I placed mine in the fridge for about an hour) spread mixture over it. You can store the cream cheese/chocolate mixture in the fridge until the cookie is cool.
9. Place in the refrigerator for 2 or more hours or until the cream cheese mixture is firm.
10. Cut into bars and serve with the strawberries! So yummy!!!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did! Drop me a line if you end up trying it. I'd love to hear how you liked it.