The Naughty Nutritionists are BACK!! And this time, they are sharing a delicious and healthy twist on a classic favorite! I am so excited to have Jenni and Mirna on Feed The Soul Friday!If you didn't have the pleasure of meeting them last month, here is what you missed:
Jenni and Mirna are the founders of The Naughty Nutritionists where they're all about breaking the diet rules. They teach women to accomplish their health goals with delicious food on their plate, and a positive outlook on the beautiful, sexy skin they're in. What’s life anyway without a cold pint on a beautiful patio, or a cup of hot chocolate curled up by the fire place? THealthy Eating Quiz here that examines your current diet and gives you realistic strategies to help turn that ‘diet’ into the lifestyle that works for you. You can also see what they're up to on Facebook, Instagram, YouTub
e and Pinterest.
Hop on the Quinoa Banana Bread train to get in a snack that, not only balances blood sugars due to it’s high fiber and protein content, but is a much healthier version, yet just as tasty (if not tastier) version of the classic.
1. 2 cups spelt flour
2. 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3. 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4. 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
5. 1 cup coconut sugar
6. 1/4 tsp sea salt
7. 2 eggs room temperature
8. 1 tsp vanilla
9. 2 bananas mashed
10. 1/2 cup coconut oil; melted
11. 1 cup quinoa cooked
12. 1 zucchini shredded*
1. Preheat oven 350 F.
2. *Make sure the zucchini has been placed on paper towel or in a towel and dried out before adding in or else it may end up too wet*
3. Place first 6 ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
4. In another bowl, mix eggs, vanilla, banana, zucchini, and coconut oil together.
5. Make a well in the dry ingredient bowl and pour in your wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
6. Fold in quinoa.
For one bowl option:
1. Thoroughly mix the eggs, coconut oil, sugar, bananas together.
2. Add in the zucchini and quinoa, then the rest of the ingredients, mix well.
3. Spray or line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour in batter.
4. Bake 50-60 minutes or until fork comes out clean.
If you don’t want to add zucchini, or don’t have it on hand, add 1 more banana. Swap spelt flour for sprouted whole wheat or buckwheat flour.
I hope you all enjoy! And thank you again, Jenni and Mirna, for sharing this yummy recipe! If you end up trying it, be sure to let us know! We would love to hear from you!