Feed The Soul Friday - Pizza Pasta Salad
According to my "Most Important Holidays" calendar, today is a kind of a big deal! It's National Pizza Day!
To celebrate, I am sharing a Pizza Pasta Salad that can be tossed up with any of your favorite toppings. Again, this is a recipe you just can't really mess up.
It makes for a great side or a pretty filling lunch. Your choice! And of course, definitely kid approved for all those Mama's out there!
Pizza Pasta Salad
8 ounces pasta of your choice. I used penne pasta.
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped.
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped.
1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered.
1 cup pizza mozzarella, cubed or diced. You can also use the block mozzarella if that is all you can find.
1/4 red onion, chopped
1 1/4 cup mini pepperoni. I could not find these for this recipe so I quartered the large ones until I had the right amount. I also may or may not have added more because my kids love it!
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 TBSP fresh basil, chopped.
OPTIONAL: black olives, diced ham, banana peppers, etc...basically anything you would like on your pizza!
For the dressing:
You can either use 1 cup of store bought Italian or Zesty Italian dressing or make this one here:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 TSP oregano
1/2 TSP garlic salt
1/4 TSP chili flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients and whisk together.
1. Cook pasta according to directions on the package. Rinse in cold water once cooked to el dente.
2. Combine the pasta, peppers, onion, tomatoes, cheese, pepperoni, and any other "toppings" you'd like.
3. Either with the dressing listed above or store bought, toss with the pasta mixture.
4. Top with the fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
5. Store in the fridge, covered, for at least one hour before serving.
6. Enjoy! So simple and delicious!
As always, let me know if you end up making this dish! I'd love to hear how it turned out :)
Happy Pizza Day!
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published