I am always looking for a simple, yet healthy breakfast on the go. Typically, protein balls have always been my go-to on busy mornings...that is until I discovered this AMAZING recipe.
One of the greatest things about this recipe is, that just like protein bites, they can be customized to your liking! You can't really mess these up!
Keep them in the fridge and warm when ready to eat! And did I mention, that this recipe makes like 24 of these babies! Talk about meal prepping!
On The Go Oatmeal Cups
5 cups rolled oats
2 1/2 cups of over-ripe smashed banana
1 TSP salt
5 TBSP honey
2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
2 1/3 cups water
1/4 cup + 1 TBSP coconut or vegetable oil
2 1/2 TSP pure vanilla extract
**Optional add-ins: dash of cinnamon; shredded coconut; chopped walnuts or pecans; ground flax; raisins or dates; dried fruit like blueberries**
I ended up using the cinnamon, walnuts, and I even added a heaping TBSP of peanut butter ;)
1. Preheat oven to 380 F
2. Line 2 12 count muffin tins with cupcake liners.
3. In large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir well.
4. In separate bowl, mix all wet ingredients, including the smashed banana.
5. Pour into the dry mixture and mix well.
6. Pour into the cupcake liners and bake for 21 minutes.
Allow them to cool to room temperature, and by doing so they won't stick to the liners ;)
And enjoy! Kid tested and approved as well!