I only have pies for you!
These cute little love note pies are perfect for Valentine's Day and you will be shocked how incredibly easy they are to make.
Refrigerated pie crust
Strawberry or cherry pie filling (I used strawberry)
Small heart cookie cutter
Sharp paring knife
Egg wash (1 egg mixed with a TBSP of water)
Fresh whipped cream or Cool Whip
1. Flour your working area and roll out the pie crust.
2. With both crusts, you can typically get 4 large pies or 6-8 small pies. Cut dough into diamonds. Place pie filling into center (amount dependent on how small or large your pies are.) Fold over sides then fold up bottom until you have an "envelope."
3. Cut out small hearts and place in center of envelope.
4. Brush each pie with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
5. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-15 minutes or until they are golden and bubbly.
6. They are SO delicious dipped in fresh whipped cream!
I hope you enjoy these little love pies! Tag me in your pictures if you decide to make them.
Love and lemons,