Happy Friday! I am sharing this recipe that was inspired by my sweet friend Chantelly from http://www.chantellyjean.com/wellness/
She is a great resource for all things clean living and green beauty. I saw these on her Instagram and had to try them for myself (with a few tweaks to the recipe.)
The best part is that they are a no bake treat and they are pretty decent in size, so one is quite filling.
I like to keep these stored in the fridge and then let them set out before eating (this helps to soften the chocolate a little so you know you don't break a tooth or something!)
2 cups oatmeal
1 cup peanuts chopped
4 TBSP peanut butter (you may need to add more to get the oatmeal/peanut mixture to a consistency you can work with)
4 TBSP honey (same as the peanut butter; add more if needed in order to be able to mold them into cups)
1 cup peanut butter melted
1 bag of dark or milk chocolate chips of your choice
1 TBSP coconut oil
Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
1. Grease 12-18 count cupcake pan. I used a 12 count and mine were pretty "thick" so I may try the 18 count next time.
2. Mix oatmeal, chopped peanuts, peanut butter and honey in a large bowl. Add extra peanut butter and honey if mixture is too dry. This mixture will be super sticky and stick to your hands!
3. Divide the mixture into the cupcake pan. Press the mixture well in order to form a "cup" and make a dent in the center of each cup to hold the filling.
4. Freeze for 10 minutes or until the cups are firm.
5. Melt the 1 cup of peanut butter and pour into the center of each oatmeal cup.
6. Freeze again for another 10 minutes or until firm.
7. In the microwave or using a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Spoon melted chocolate on top of each peanut butter cup.
8. Chill until chocolate has set.
9. Store in the fridge in an air tight container. Again, I like mine to set out a few minutes before I eat them so the chocolate isn't so hard :)
10. Enjoy friends!
I hope you enjoy this simple recipe. These are perfect snacks or quick breakfast because they are so filling!
Don't forget if you make them, tag me on social media and let me know how they turned out :)
Love and lemons,